Unity Recovery Center’s extended care treatment for alcoholism and drug addiction is designed for people new to recovery or those who have had previous difficulties after their completion of an inpatient program.
Extended care can last from 90 days to one year, depending upon the needs of the individual. It’s designed for the newly sober as well as those who have struggled with relapses. We teach living skills and show clients how to put them into practice.
The first three months of recovery are the most important in establishing a clean and sober way of life and the time may be terrifying for some. Our extended care program can make the transition to a new life easier. At Unity, we offer a phased, step down alcohol and drug treatment regimen to assist our clients’ return to the workforce and family environment.
An example of our phased drug and alcohol treatment program:
- Phase 1: Partial Hospitalization/Intensive Inpatient Drug and Alcohol Rehab Treatment-Daily educational, process, and therapeutic groups. Daily AA/ NA meetings while living in 24-hour structured community care. [30-90 days]
- Phase 2: Intensive Outpatient Alcohol and Drug Rehab Treatment Program – While job hunting, the client remains in comprehensive daily educational, therapeutic, and process groups. Daily AA/ NA meetings while living in 24-hour structured community care. Client has the opportunity to go to job interviews. Client are in groups every morning, work every afternoon, then return to community housing and join the community for 12 step meetings in the evening. [30-90 days]
- Phase 3: Intensive Oupatient Drug and Alcohol Rehab Treatment Program – Client transition into a sober living facility, attends IOP three times a week, continues to go to AA/NA meetings daily, and continues individual therapy twice a month. [90 days]
- Phase 4: Outpatient Drug and Alcohol Rehab Treatment Program-The client progresses in their recovery, group sessions are reduced to once a week, and individual therapy continues twice a month based on the client needs. [90 days]
- Phase 5: Continuing Drug and Alcohol Rehab Treatment: Individual alcohol and drug outpatient treatment group once a week. Unlimited days at no cost for life.